Community Support Worker
Start a Rewarding New Career as a Community Support Worker
- Get the training you need to begin a rewarding new career in the human services industry!
- Plenty of stable, high-paying jobs available with a strong job outlook
- More than 95% of applicants qualify for funding
What is a Community Support Worker?
- Providing social, physical and emotional support to vulnerable families, youth, and elderly
- Administering programs to support people experiencing addiction, homelessness, mental health, or people living with disabilities
- Aiding clients in accessing community supports and counselling
The Health Care Aide Program at ABES helped Manju to land her dream job just 1 day after graduation.
about Community Support Worker
Please fill in the form below to learn more.
What Our Students Have to Say
Trust the Process
Angelyn P. - 22/08/2019
Vicky B. - 22/08/2019
What is the Job Outlook for Community Support Workers in Calgary?
According to Alberta Labour, Community Support Worker positions will grow 2.7% by 2021.
In other words, if you’ve been searching for a career that will allow you to work with vulnerable adults, youth, children, and families…or if you’re just ready to finally earn the kind of salary you deserve…becoming a Community Support Worker is a fantastic way to earn more money while making the world a better place.
Can I Qualify for Financial Aid?
Many applicants—such as those with children, those who didn’t work last year, and those who recently arrived in Canada—will qualify for free grants automatically, and even those with a high income will usually qualify for some aid.
In short: if you’re worried about the cost of the program, schedule a time to chat with an Admissions Advisor. They can help give you a better idea of how much financial aid you will qualify for.
What Makes ABES Different from Other Schools?
- As a small, privately owned school, ABES guarantees hands-on training for every student.
- Unlike other schools, all our programs offer practicum in the Calgary area—making it easier for you to stay local. (Many students get their first job offer while they’re still on practicum)
- Finally, we stand out for our extensive connections in the medical community. Thanks to our relationships with local healthcare facilities, our graduates have an easy road to employment.