Unit Clerk / Medical Office Assistant
Become a Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk in Calgary
- Get the training you need to begin a rewarding new career in the human services industry!
- Plenty of stable, high-paying jobs available with a strong job outlook.
- More than 95% of applicants qualify for funding.
- Flexible evening/weekend schedule available
What is a Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk in Calgary?
This means the Calgary market is ripe for graduates of our Unit Clerk/Medical Office Assistant program! Take advantage of this unique opportunity, and enroll in Alberta Business & Educational Services’ (ABES) dual certificate program, which allows students to be certified as both a Unit Clerk and a Medical Office Assistant in just 26 weeks.
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and real-world practical skills you need to assist patients and personnel at any type of medical establishment. Alberta Health Services (AHS) provides Alberta Business & Educational Services (ABES) with many resources, including a training environment for Sunrise Clinical Management (SCM), a software program used by all patient care units in Calgary hospitals.
The Health Care Aide Program at ABES helped Manju to land her dream job just 1 day after graduation.
Get the Exact Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant Training Calgary Employers Want
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant program provides students with the following industry-specific education:
- A practicum in BOTH a hospital and medical office, so students can experience both work environments and choose their preferred area for employment. Most of our students are offered a job out of both practicums.
- Extensive training on data input and computer skills, including the use of SCM and other health care software programs.
- All-encompassing training so you can fill any position, including Admitting Clerk, Health Records Clerk, Chart Management Clerk, and Hospital Unit Clerk.
Calgary Employers Want OUR Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant Program Graduates!
If you have organizational skills, are interested in the health care field, or are good with people, you are a great candidate for our Medical Office Assistant/Hospital Unit Clerk course in Calgary. With our comprehensive theoretical and practical training, you will quickly find yourself in a rewarding new career, making a difference in many lives. ABES offers all Calgary, Edmonton, and Lethbridge students a chance to advance their career with our Calgary Medical Office Assistant/Unit Clerk course.
For more information, or to inquire about registration and admissions requirements, contact Alberta Business & Educational Services (ABES) today!
Learn more about Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and real-world practical skills you need to assist patients and personnel at any type of medical establishment. Fill in the form below to learn more.
What Our Students Have to Say
I found ABES to be a really great learning environment
ABES MOA Graduate
I loved both placements
Vicky B. - 22/08/2019
What is the Job Outlook for Medical Office Assistant in Calgary?
Health care workers in Alberta have less unemployment and higher wages than average. And according to a report released by the Government of Alberta, by 2025 there will be a shortage of over 5,300 Health Care Aides needed—making this a fast-growing and in-demand career.
In other words, if you’ve been searching for a career that will allow you to give your family a higher quality of life…or if you’re just ready to finally earn the kind of salary you deserve…becoming a Health Care Aide is a fantastic way to earn more money while making the world a better place.
Can I Qualify for Financial Aid?
Many applicants—such as those with children, those who didn’t work last year, and those who recently arrived in Canada—will qualify for free grants automatically, and even those with a high income will usually qualify for some aid.
In short: if you’re worried about the cost of the program, schedule a time to chat with an Admissions Advisor. They can help give you a better idea of how much financial aid you will qualify for.
What Makes ABES Different from Other Schools?
- As a small, privately owned school, ABES guarantees hands-on training for every student.
- Unlike other schools, all our programs offer practicum in the Calgary area—making it easier for you to stay local. (Many students get their first job offer while they’re still on practicum)
- Finally, we stand out for our extensive connections in the medical community. Thanks to our relationships with local healthcare facilities, our graduates have an easy road to employment.
What’s the Next Step?
Fill out the form on this page to request more information.
Or, get in touch with an ABES Admissions Advisor for a free, no-obligation consultation. They’ll answer your questions, explain how much financial aid you’ll qualify for, and help you decide if Health Care Aid Certification makes sense for your goals.
We can’t wait to meet you!