Unit Clerk / Medical Office Assistant
Become a Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk in Calgary
- Get the training you need to begin a rewarding new career in the human services industry!
- Plenty of stable, high-paying jobs available with a strong job outlook.
- More than 95% of applicants qualify for funding.
- Flexible evening/weekend schedule available
What is a Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk in Calgary?
This means the Calgary market is ripe for graduates of our Unit Clerk/Medical Office Assistant program! Take advantage of this unique opportunity, and enroll in Alberta Business & Educational Services’ (ABES) dual certificate program, which allows students to be certified as both a Unit Clerk and a Medical Office Assistant in just 26 weeks.
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and real-world practical skills you need to assist patients and personnel at any type of medical establishment. Alberta Health Services (AHS) provides Alberta Business & Educational Services (ABES) with many resources, including a training environment for Sunrise Clinical Management (SCM), a software program used by all patient care units in Calgary hospitals.
The UC/MOA Program ABES helped Anjoom get hired at both of her practicum sites after graduation:
Get the Exact Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant Training Calgary Employers Want
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant program provides students with the following industry-specific education:
- A 4-week practicum with AHS or a private medical office, so students can experience a true work environment gain valuable experience.
- Extensive training on data input and computer skills, including the use of SCM and other health care software programs.
- All-encompassing training so you can fill any position, including Admitting Clerk, Health Records Clerk, Chart Management Clerk, and Hospital Unit Clerk.
Calgary Employers Want OUR Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant Program Graduates!
If you have organizational skills, are interested in the health care field, or are good with people, you are a great candidate for our Medical Office Assistant/Hospital Unit Clerk course in Calgary. With our comprehensive theoretical and practical training, you will quickly find yourself in a rewarding new career, making a difference in many lives. ABES offers all Calgary, Edmonton, and Lethbridge students a chance to advance their career with our Calgary Medical Office Assistant/Unit Clerk course.
For more information, or to inquire about registration and admissions requirements, contact Alberta Business & Educational Services (ABES) today!
Learn more about Unit Clerk / Medical Office Assistant
Our Unit Clerk & Medical Office Assistant course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and real-world practical skills you need to assist patients and personnel at any type of medical establishment. Fill in the form below to learn more.
What Our Students Have to Say
I found ABES to be a really great learning environment
ABES UC/MOA Graduate
My practicum experience was amazing
ABES overall is a great school, you guys did everything possible to make things better. I learned a lot, and my practicum experience was amazing. I am glad I chose this school, I made a lot of friends, and I am looking forward to starting my career!
Vicky B. - 22/08/2019
What Makes ABES Different from Other Schools?
- As a small, privately owned school, ABES guarantees hands-on training for every student.
- Unlike other schools, all our programs offer practicum in the Calgary area—making it easier for you to stay local. (Many students get their first job offer while they’re still on practicum)
- Finally, we stand out for our extensive connections in the medical community. Thanks to our relationships with local healthcare facilities, our graduates have an easy road to employment.