Health Care Aide
Start A Rewarding New Career as a Health Care Aide
- Get the training you need to begin a rewarding new career in the human services industry!
- Plenty of stable, high-paying jobs available with a strong job outlook.
- More than 95% of applicants qualify for funding.
- Flexible evening/weekend schedule available
What is a Health Care Aide?
- Assisting patients with activities such as bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Helping patients with feeding or exercise
- Assisting with simple wound care, respiratory equipment use or urinary care
- Reporting on patient condition to the nurse
The Health Care Aide Program at ABES helped Herbie land a dream job that provides for his family and helps his community:
about Health Care Aide
Please fill in the form below to learn more.
Learn more about Health Care Aide
What Our Students Have to Say
Juliana N. - 22/08/2019
Best Decision I’ve Made in My Life
Vicky B. - 22/08/2019
What is the Job Outlook for Health Care Aides in Calgary?
Health care workers in Alberta have less unemployment and higher wages than average. And according to a report released by the Government of Alberta, by 2025 there will be a shortage of over 5,300 Health Care Aides needed—making this a fast-growing and in-demand career.
In other words, if you’ve been searching for a career that will allow you to give your family a higher quality of life…or if you’re just ready to finally earn the kind of salary you deserve…becoming a Health Care Aide is a fantastic way to earn more money while making the world a better place.
Can I Qualify for Financial Aid?
Many applicants—such as those with children, those who didn’t work last year, and those who recently arrived in Canada—will qualify for free grants automatically, and even those with a high income will usually qualify for some aid.
In short: if you’re worried about the cost of the program, schedule a time to chat with an Admissions Advisor. They can help give you a better idea of how much financial aid you will qualify for.
What Makes ABES Different from Other Schools?
- As a small, privately owned school, ABES guarantees hands-on training for every student.
- Unlike other schools, all our programs offer practicum in the Calgary area—making it easier for you to stay local. (Many students get their first job offer while they’re still on practicum)
- Finally, we stand out for our extensive connections in the medical community. Thanks to our relationships with local healthcare facilities, our graduates have an easy road to employment.
What’s the Next Step?
Fill out the form on this page to request more information.
Or, get in touch with an ABES Admissions Advisor for a free, no-obligation consultation. They’ll answer your questions, explain how much financial aid you’ll qualify for, and help you decide if Health Care Aid Certification makes sense for your goals.
We can’t wait to meet you!