Start a Rewarding New Career as a Unit Clerk
- Get the training you need to begin a rewarding new career in the human services industry!
- Plenty of stable, high-paying jobs available with a strong job outlook
- More than 95% of applicants qualify for funding
What is a Unit Clerk?
- Unit clerks in particular play a vital role in hospitals by assisting physicians and nurses in their unit
- Answering phones, booking appointments and responding to general inquiries
- Processing orders for medication prescriptions and diagnostic exams, schedule patient treatments, manage and maintain records and assist with intake and discharge from the unit or clinic
- Various administrative duties, including health care billing, updating room lists and keeping office and patient care supplies stocked
The UC/MOA Program at ABES helped Anjoom get hired at both of her practicum sites after graduation
about Unit Clerk
Please fill in the form below to learn more.
What Our Students Have to Say
Trust the Process
Angelyn P. - 22/08/2019
Vicky B. - 22/08/2019
What is the Job Outlook for Unit Clerks in Calgary?
This means that graduates of our Unit Clerk diploma program will easily find jobs in Calgary. Take advantage of this unique opportunity and become certified as both a Unit Clerk in just 6 months.
Can I Qualify for Financial Aid?
Many applicants—such as those with children, those who didn’t work last year, and those who recently arrived in Canada—will qualify for free grants automatically, and even those with a high income will usually qualify for some aid.
In short: if you’re worried about the cost of the program, schedule a time to chat with an Admissions Advisor. They can help give you a better idea of how much financial aid you will qualify for.
What Makes ABES Different from Other Schools?
- As a small, privately owned school, ABES guarantees hands-on training for every student.
- Unlike other schools, all our programs offer practicum in the Calgary area—making it easier for you to stay local. (Many students get their first job offer while they’re still on practicum)
- Finally, we stand out for our extensive connections in the medical community. Thanks to our relationships with local healthcare facilities, our graduates have an easy road to employment.